Sunday Oct 23, 2022
vDip & webDip love match? An interview with Kestas
Sunday Oct 23, 2022
Sunday Oct 23, 2022
The guys interview Kestas about his suggested options for how vDip and webDip could better work together or possibly merge. Plus how their games are going.
- The guys introduce the show, venue and drinks (0 mins 10 secs)
Interview with Kestas on vDip and webDip
- Kestas is welcomed back to the show and starts by discussing his thoughts on how vDip and webDip could possibly work better together (4 mins 30 secs)
- He outlines some of the challenges for vDip and how webDip may be able to assist (9 mins)
- Kestas describes how he's testing the water with the community for their thoughts and feedback (15 mins)
- Amby gives a clarification on "vDip is dying", which was mentioned on the site in the context of its forum (17 mins)
- Kaner asks about if vDip and webDip were closer, could rapid variant development start again (24 mins 30 secs)
- Amby asks how would variants be brought across. Kestas discusses the options available (34 mins)
- They discuss if merges happened what needs consideration for vDip players who for one reason or another don't want to be part of webDip and former webDip players who may have been banned and subsequently moved to vDip (49 mins)
- Kaner asks about what the function of vDip is now and what the vDip community wants for the future (55 mins)
- Amby asks what opportunities there may be in the future for webDip which may be an incentive for vDip players when considering the proposal (59 mins)
- Amby asks about timeframes (1 hr 3 mins)
- After Amby had to wrap the interview up, the guys return to discuss their thoughts on the conversation (1 hr 7 mins 40 secs)
- Kaner summarises the four options on the table (1 hr 9 mins 15 secs)
- They discuss the gin menu (1 hr 22 mins)
- Kaner returns to discussing how functionality between vDip and webDip could be shared and their final thoughts on the topic (1 hr 25 mins)
- Kaner touches on what he and Kestas discussed after Amby had to leave and wrap up the interview. Amby asks what webDip people thoughts on the proposal also would be (1 hr 36 mins 40 secs)
- The guys discuss David E. Cohen's Mandate of Heaven play test which Amby will be joining (1 hr 39 mins)
- Amby gives another shout out to the listener community for anyone with WordPress skills who can help either fix the DiplomacyGames.com template or help us migrate from the existing old template to a new one (1 hr 40 mins)
- Amby mentions they spent about 10 minutes talking about Mandate of Heaven back in podcast episode 105 (1 hr 44 mins)
- Amby mentions he's been playing with AI image creation using Diplomacy related themes and posts some quick ones created on the spot with Kaner, one Diplomacy & JFK themed and the other Harry Potter characters playing Diplomacy (based on Kaner's requested prompt). He'll do some better versions posted to our Twitter account (1 hr 44 mins 30 secs)
- They move onto Amby's drawn Zeus 5 game where he played as Italy. While he initially didn't like the variant map, he really started appreciating it after playing it (1 hr 51 mins)
- Next is Amby's A Modern Europe game where he's playing a position anonymously (1 hr 57 mins 30 secs)
- Kaner touches on his Rinasciemento game (2 hrs 1 min)
- They begin wrapping up the show, flagging what's coming up in the Patreon episode that will be out in a week (2 hrs 3 mins)
Venue: Dutch Courage Officers' Mess, Brisbane
Drinks of choice:
Kaner: Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
Amby: Zilzie shiraz from the Barossa Valley, South Australia
Just a reminder you can support the show by giving it 5 stars on iTunes or Stitcher. And don't forget if you want to help pay off the audio equipment... or get the guys more drunk, you can also donate at Patreon, plus you get extra podcast episodes!
*** Remember if you know something about how WordPress works and can help the guys, get in touch!!! ***
Lastly, don't forget to subscribe so you get the latest Diplomacy Games episodes straight to your phone.
Thanks as always to Dr Dan aka "The General" for his rockin' intro tune.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.